When BookBub first started, I didn’t pay much attention to it. I regret that now. I use BookBub all the time, not just to promote my own books, but also to discover wonderful new reading material.
Here are five reasons why I love BookBub:
- Recommendations. I love recommending good books to other readers. I also use other reader’s recommendations to discover new books. I check out BookBub’s recommendations all the time to find something new to read, or to see what other readers think of a book I’m considering purchasing. You can also find reviews of books under recommendations, and find out what the people you follow are reading.
- Ease of Use. Confession–I don’t like spending a lot of time figuring out how to use something. I’m notoriously impatient when it comes to websites that are difficult to navigate. BookBub is a breeze. It takes me only a few minutes to find a book, a review, an author, places to purchase books, and much more. If something will save me time, I’m a fan.
- Author updates. Want to find out if a particular author has released a new book or has a special deal? Follow that author on BookBub and you’ll discover both. For example, as of this writing Kelly Irvin has a new Amish release, A Long Bridge Home, while Jan Drexler’s Amish book, Hannah’s Choice, is on sale for .99. I found this out in a few seconds by checking out the Author Update tab.
- Email Alerts: Each day I get an email with a curated list of new titles and special deals from the authors I follow. Some of the authors are favorites, some are new to me. Since it’s impossible for me to keep track of all the releases and deals, I’m glad those daily emails do all the work for me.
- Author resources: As an author, I like to check out how other authors are promoting their work. Many successful authors have shared their ideas with BookBub, which shares them with their audience. I’ve learned a lot about marketing from them, and I appreciate the authors’ and BookBub’s generosity in sharing that knowledge.
If you use BookBub, what do you like about it? Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to follow me there. That way you won’t miss any of my new books/special deals.