Tina Loveless is an avid reader, a blogger, a promoter of Amish fiction and Amish fiction authors, and she also runs an Amish store! I recently asked Tina to answer some questions about her store, Miss Tina’s Amish Country Market. Amish fiction, and writing reviews.
Tell us about your store. The name of the store is Miss Tina’s Amish Country Market. The name came from my former students who would call me Miss Tina and it just stuck. The idea for my market came from bringing items that I loved and would stock up each time I visited Lancaster, PA with my husband Joseph. The products I carry are popcorn, pot pies, cheese, sweet bologna, whoopie pies, breads, zucchini bread and banana bread, Zerbes chips, soup mixes, and cookie mixes. We are gradually adding more bulk food to the shop. We also offer handmade wooden toys for kids and adults and offer handmade quilts from Lancaster area. We are located at 100 W Colonial Highway Hamilton, VA about one hour West of Washington DC. Our business hours are Wednesday – Saturday 9am-5pm and hope to open on Tuesdays in the near future.
What made you decide to open up Miss Tina’s Amish Market? I wanted to be a small business owner and wanted a change from being an educator where I worked for over twenty years with special needs students. As rewarding as that was, I knew it was time to think about different options. While on leave from the education field, doors opened up for me and with the support of my wonderful husband Joseph, Miss Tina’s became real. Glory be to God.
- What’s your favorite part of running an Amish inspired store? The favorite thing for me has been meeting the people in the community. Being able to be a light (I hope in the community). I don’t want to sound like I’m boasting. It has been rewarding meeting new Amish and Mennonite business owners and to be inspired by the men and woman that I have met. Listening to their advice has been helpful.
- You enjoy reading Amish fiction and writing reviews. How did you get started doing that? It was about 11 years ago when I first picked up my Amish Fiction book. I was hooked. A mutual friend on Facebook had invited me to a group called Whoopie Pie Books. I saw so many new books and reviews that were being done. I thought to myself I can do this too. I had no idea what I was doing when I started Miss Tina’s Amish Book Reviews. I have created a page on FB and I have grown my page to over 2700 friends. It also inspired me, with help of many friends, to host an author and getaway weekend in Lancaster this past June 2019.
- Where can readers read your reviews? Readers can find me at https://www.facebook.com/MissTinasAmishbookreviews/ or https://misstinasamishbookreviews.blogspot.com
- Do you have any upcoming events? Yes, I do. I will be hosting my second author/ladies luncheon near my shop this coming June 20, 2020. Details are still in the works.
- Where can people find you on social media? You can find me on Facebook, at the link I provided above, and they can also find me on Instagram @tina_loveless or @misstinasamishmarket
A big thanks to Tina for taking the time to answer my questions. I’m hoping to visit her shop in the near future—and try out the yummy food! If you’re in the area, make sure you stop by Miss Tina’s Amish Market.
Miss Tina’s Amish Country Market is on my bucket list to visit someday soon. I bought a beautiful queen size quilt made by an Amish woman in the Lancaster area through Miss Tina.
I would love to meet Miss Tina and you in person someday when all of this is over of course